Saturday, April 14, 2012

Should oceans rise and mountains fall

Running on 3 hours sleep, waking up before the sun, just for these. My close and talented (hate to admit it but it's true) friend David somehow managed to convince me it was necessary to take pictures at sunrise, hence he picked me up at 5:30am this morning and we raced against the sun to reach our desired spot. Armed with a DSLR each (both his, I know, I'm jealous too) we went snapping away. These are just a few shots, the ones without me were most probably taken by me and the ones with me were obviously taken by him. It was freezing! But undoubtedly beautiful. Watching the dark sky lighten and break into shards of pinks, purples and a dozen shades of orange was unbelievably soothing.Would I do it again? Possibly but maybe sunset next time.Until next time!

Ps. How cool does the bokeh look in the first two photos! 

5 comments:

  1. seriously beautiful photos! so inspiring <3 xo

    http://thelittlebrightsides.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These images are amazing, I would love to know what camera was used to take these images :) The quality is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Sorry for the lag in reply! We used a Canon 550D and a Nikon d3100 :)

      Delete
  3. wow! stunning photos, I'm sure it was worth waking up early x

    http://sevenautumnleaves.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this place. The view from up there is just amazing. And it's the perfect place to shoot! Though, I don't go there enough!

    xoxo
    s-eunoia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete