Sunday, June 10, 2012

I've been keeping my hopes, unbroken

 Vivid Sydney Lights Festival 2012

I can quite proudly admit that Sydney is definitely one of the most amazing city to live in. For those who don't live in Sydney, Vivid is an annual festival which features large scale light installations (projected on large buildings, the Opera House etc), interactive light sculptures and the likes. It was my first time visiting last night and it was beautiful! The atmosphere itself was amazing, there were literally hundreds of people walking around the harbour just having a good time (not to mention the hoards of ridiculously good looking tourists, you know, just saying!) And as an added bonus, I managed to take a quick stroll through the nearby markets before it closed for the night. Can't wait for next years installations, will definitely attend again (but maybe with friends next time...going with my mum wasn't a great idea :S ) AND ALSO! I finally got a new laptop! My old one was literally falling apart so mum got me a new one, my brother is even pitching in $100 for it! Hehe, I'm so blessed to have such an awesome family! 


3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that hasn't been to Vivid, haha, but these shots deliver the hype of it to justice :) I really fancy those feather headbands! It's such an usual thing, I'd imagine elaborate ones like peacock feathers but nothing like these eye-popping shades! Or is it hair? Like those clip on bangs you can buy B)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You better go soon! It ends tomorrow I believe? You would have loved this stall then! There were the most beautiful peacock feather headbands! I took a picture but the lighting was great so it didn't make the cut for this post! And yes indeed they are headbands! And were only $15 as well!

      Delete
  2. This looks quite exciting! And fun too, the picture taken of yourself in front of those illuminated lines is quite interesting. I wish I could go, but I am too lazy. Perhaps Vivid will still continue when I'm bothered to go attend it :D

    ReplyDelete