Sunday, July 22, 2012

To hunger, to seek, to thirst


1,2,3 & 4. DIY Thrifted Denim Jacket: bleached and studded, 5.Hardrock Cafe  Raghlan, 7. Light Denim Top, 8. Cooper St Tank, 9. DIY Denim Jacket, Cooper St Tank & American Apparel Corduroy shorts & 10. Vintage earrings

I'm now back in school however on the last day of the holiday I convinced myself (quite easily) that I should just go thrifting, you know make the most of holidays and all that. Surprisingly I came home with such great finds! Super happy! Everything cost me $1 each (LOL WHAT?! HOW?!) I guess I was just in the right place at the right time! I also thrifted some overalls (also $1) but I'm working on it atm so if it goes right it'll appear in my next blog (or whenever I get around to it!) HOW AMAZING IS THE DENIM JACKET! It makes me feel like, the rainbow fish, you know, this guy? Pretty sure I'm on a bad ass roll or something, squealed when I saw the jacket, got home and decided to just go for the bleach and never really looked back! There are some areas that the bleach splattered on (ie the sleeves + collar + random splatter on the back) so I thought a bit of studding will...distract from it! (tip: if you want to hand stud denim, make it wet first! It's easier and your hands will sure thank you after!) The American Apparel shorts were also thrifted (again for $1, I know I can't believe it either) but when I looked at the picture I took, I realised it had a strange greenish tinge so I just omitted it from this post! The Cooper St Tank is unbelievably soft and flattering! Wearing it right now actually! And couldn'r resist these cute earrings! Hopefully when my ears have healed I'll be able to wear them!

Well that's it for now! My first thrift haul (or any haul for the matter) post! Will be super busy the next few weeks with Trials coming up so until then guys! God bless!

Ps. I finally succumbed and got an Instagram! Follow me @lisangyn_

9 comments:

  1. LOVE THE JACKET!!!! & great blog :)

    I am your newest follower :) If you like, check out my blog and maybe we can follow each other?

    Jess XO

    www.mindbodyshop.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGG! I'm so in love with that jacket!!! :D
    It look gorgeous!! <3

    P.S. love your blog! :)

    xoxo
    Rhea Bue (Styles & Writes)
    http://bebe-doll.net/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!

    PS. We’ve a $100 Giveaway to Skinny Bitch Apparel on our blog! Check it out, if you’d like :)

    ox from NYC!
    davie+erica

    LPFashionPhilosophy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! WOWnderful jacket!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog! Just discovered :)

    Would you like to follow each other?

    POLDERGLAMOUR.COM

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your jacket! its so pretty :)

    followed you too :D
    http://oliviiaaaaa.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh lucky you!! you picked up some great finds! i love a good thrift! xx danii

    http://ecobirdstyle.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete